Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Sledgehammer

Disclaimer:
This post is best read whilst listening to "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel.


I have a nickname many of you may not know about...

I am The Sledgehammer.




I earned this nickname. I earned it.

Back when we used to drive around in a dirty van (not to mention live out of it), we used to find ourselves late to a show every once and a while. It was in these situations that I would become The Sledgehammer. I would get us there. By any means necessary. Speed Limits couldn't hold back The Sledgehammer.

I once drove the van and trailer 300 miles in 4 hours. It was then that I tried making the guys call me The Sledgehammer all the time. I wouldn't respond to Jon, Jonathan, or even Dude, Look Out We're Gonna Crash!!

While that didn't last, the guys still call me The Sledgehammer every now and then. Sometimes Jas likes to introduce me as The Sledgehammer when I'm going into a guitar solo... generally I start laughing enough to biff the solo.

So the next time you see me remember.... I don't answer to Jonathan.

It's The Sledgehammer.

the.sledgehammer.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! thats a fun nickname! :)

Z-Girl said...

This made my day:)

Anonymous said...

thats awsome. you answered to jon when we met you. haha.

Anonymous said...

haha. i will remember that for revolve and winterfest! (: haha

*:.Jesi.:* said...

you're silly. is mr. sledgehammer ok? ;)

Unknown said...

I happen to like the name Sir Sledgehammer. lol

ChrisBCrazy said...

oh that is too funny....i need a sledge hammer to drive me on all my roadtrips!

Anonymous said...

haha.. thats funny.

jb_lvr_13 said...

haha, that's great! if i ever meet you, that's totally what i'm gonna call you!! i love it!

Anonymous said...

ok so if i ask you for a hug i should say " hey sledgehammer can i have a hug?" lol and you will respond?!?!?!!!! lol... yeah right!

Anonymous said...

lol i actually looked up the song on youtube and read it while listening to it. K I'll try to remember that for the next show :)