Saturday, March 21, 2009

Grin and Beard It



We've been on the road for about a week now on this Rock & Worship Roadshow, and I'm doing my best to take full advantage of this time.... I've been workin on a beard for the last week or so. Jess hates it when I do this, so the opportunity to grow a beard is one of the few upsides to being away from home for so long....

It takes a lot of getting used to. First off, I'm consiously NOT scratching my face all day. It takes a lot of willpower. It also takes alot of mind-over-matter fortitude in order to not shave it every day, because it takes a while to get past that awkward in-between stage... You know, where it's more than scruff, but not quite a beard. Yeah, i'm in that phase still.

Garrett has been my beard cheerleader on this tour. Every morning he asks me... "How's your beard stamina today?" He wants to make sure I don't shave it off in a moment of weakness.

But let's be honest, this isn't a long-term thing for me. The moment I get home it'll be gone. Wives are persuasive that way. You can fight for your RIGHTS if you want, but generally, they'll get what they want. In fact, give it long enough, and you'll find yourself wanting whatever it is they want.... It's amazing how wives can do that. I don't understand that skill.

Anyways... I'm on Beard Day 11. I'll keep you posted.


j.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol i have to say, yours looks a lot better than that one Jason was trying to grow last summer. :P i don't think Jess should make you shave it. it's are pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

oops. i meant beards, not it's. i don't even know where that came from :D

Anonymous said...

hehe. you gotta keep us posted! i would like to see you in a beard! it's always cool to do something different. its gonna look good!! :)

AlotlikeKARA said...

well it looks good so far ;D.

Anonymous said...

haha.. that made me laugh.. i totally agree with Jess, beards are NASTY! but if any of the hawk boys could pull a beard off, it would be you.

Z-Girl said...

Wives have some a secret power that husbands are not allowed to have. We will never tell you what it is either;)But you'll always give in because you hubbys love us:)

Anonymous said...

there are lots of people that cant pull off a beard, but i think you can easily! :)

Anonymous said...

I am lovin the beard, i don't think that jess should make u shave it off(but make sure u do wat she said to stay on her good side)I can't wait to see the hawk boys again i am so in love with the new poster. I was at winterjam in Fort Wayne,Indiana on March 13. I was a good concert that was Hawk Nelson concert #6 in a year in a half

Anonymous said...

Happy Wife = Happy Life!

I Love the west coast. I don't love beards!

xoxo wife