Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Guitar Hero - Mr. Stu

There is one man who has influenced me as a guitar player more than any other... Stu G of Delirious.



I listened to Delirious all the time when I was younger. I had every record. Actually, I still do. He inspired me to learn the guitar, and to this day, so much of my style is derived from him. He just has this swagger about him.... He's technical while still being incredibly tasteful. He also has this Jeff Beck-like ability to write parts that are almost vocal.

Of all his work, there is one moment in their musical career that influenced me more than any other... The solo from Investigate.

Enjoy.



Incidentally, my friend Tony was the lighting designer on this show. Looks good, yeah?!!

j.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

they are an awesome band! just like HAWK!! i saw them like twice, i think... i know i saw them at an ATF stadium event where they led worship for 2 days.. I can't wait to learn guitar... hopefully soon...

Kathy said...

I love Delirious?. So sad that they are breaking up. I saw them 3 times...even have a video from one of the times on my youtube.

Anonymous said...

It sucks a lot that these guys are breaking up. Wish I could have caught part of their latest tour.