Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lemme Lemme Update Ya

So I realize it's been WEEKS since my last post. I'm not sure why exactly, but I just haven't been feelin it. Maybe I needed to take a break. It's definitely not for lack of events to write about - tons has been going on.

We're working on a brand new Hawk Nelson album - most likely to be released in early 2011. Not sure of the exact title of the record yet... we've got a title we're about 80% sure of, but I don't wanna say what it is til we're 100%. In any case..... I've gotta say, it's the most high-energy Hawk Nelson record ever. I'd even cautiously say it's more high-energy than our first album, Letters to the President. Pretty exciting.

Yep, you're reading that right. 225 bpm quarter notes. Eat that, Misfits!

We've been working on a ton of tunes over the past few weeks, and settled on 13. There are several SUPER singable songs that I think could be really huge.... and also a couple of ballads... There is ballad in particular (called My Next Breath) that feels like the most honest, meaningful, heartfelt song we've ever recorded. I still get chills.

Then there's another half to the record - the remaining songs are pretty straight up fast-paced punk rock. It's been REALLY fun to throw caution to the wind, and pound out some of the fastest, most energetic punk rock tunes I could possibly imagine HN doing. Several songs are downright silly.

Overall, we set out to focus on the elements of our band that fans really connect with. Over the years we've heard many people tell us that they loved the high energy of "Letters", and the fun spirited "Smile, It's the End of the World". Not to take away from our 3rd (HN is my Friend) and 4th (LiveLifeLoud) albums, but it seems that most HN fans have a special place in their hearts for our 1st (Letters) and 2nd (Smile). We had a ton of fun taking the fun and exciting elements of those two records, and finding ways to meld that with the maturity and experience of the band we've become.

I think HN fans everywhere are really going to love this record.... I can't wait to share it with you!

Jonathan

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes! I am so excited for this new record and am glad to hear y'all are (kind of) going back to the old Hawk. :) Not knocking on HNIMF and LLL, but I love the other two albums a little bit more.

Christina said...

wooooo yes! can't wait until 2011! =) the new album si probably gunna sounds AMAZING

Brandon said...

Nice to see you posting again! haha. No- sometimes I find myself not being able to post anything for a couple weeks... Awesome! Can't wait to listen to the new songs!

www.bigb94.webs.com

Brandon said...

Nice to see you posting again! haha. No- sometimes I find myself not being able to post anything for a couple weeks... Awesome! Can't wait to listen to the new songs!

www.bigb94.webs.com

Nic said...

Im a soooo pumped for this record!! I always thought that Hawk was best as a punk group with songs like Letters to the President, Every Little Thing, and Is forever enough. I'm happy to hear you guys are going with the old style because that was definitely the best for Hawk as a band in my opinion. I cant wait to hear some of the songs..put out singles soon!!!!

ChrisBCrazy said...

You better not be getting my hopes up. Letters will always be number one in my heart. If this is as high energy and fun as that, I'm pumped. And silly is always a good thing.

Christine said...

OHMIGOSH. YOU HAVE NO FLIPPING IDEA. HOW EXCITED. I AM.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR. EXACTLY WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR. I AM ONE OF THOSE HN FANS WHO LOVED YOUR FIRST TWO ALBUMS THE MOST. I LOVE PUNK ROCK. GOOD, HARD, FAST-PACE PUNK ROCK. YOU GUYS ALWAYS DID IT BEST TO ME, IN THOSE FIRST TWO ALBUMS. IT WAS LIKE MUSICAL PERFECTION TO ME. AND IM SORRY IM YELLING, I NEVER YELL ONLINE (ACTUALLY I DID QUITE A BIT TO NIGHT BUT NEVERMIND THAT) BUT I AM WAY TOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS. you have no idea. rofl. LIKE SERIOUSLY, IT'S LIKE YOU LISTENED TO EVERY DANG THING I SAID I WANTED THIS TO BE. OMG. I AM WAY TOO EXCITED. OKAY???!!! rofl.
now you think im some annoying pre-teen with problems, but actually i'm not, i'm just excited and reeeallly happy ^___^ I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT. omg. haha. i haven't been this excited for a record in a looong time. =3 i've loved you guys since letters. you were my "guilty pleasure" back then, until i finally came out and unashamedly loved you guys to bits and pieces. but ever since LETTERS & SMILE i always, always wanted to hear you guys go back to that first sound (: the first love... eeeeek (:
wow i'm being a total idiot and i just can't shut up. this is ridiculously stupid.

Krystal Celeste said...

Yay! New Hawk record! Sounds like it's going to be great, can't wait to hear it. Hoping to see you guys play in Houston next week!:)

AlotlikeKARA said...

Yay.. Letters and Smile have always been my two favorite. I know youguys wont disappoint. I'm super excited. Can.Not.Wait.:D

Ida Lou said...

Letters and Smile were my favorites. This new record shall be grand. Can't wait! (:

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!! and I agree with most other people that Letters and Smile are my favorite albums, but I am happily addicted to Alive on Live Life Loud.... THANK YOU!!!! This new school year is going to go so slow waiting for a release though......

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!! and I agree with most other people that Letters and Smile are my favorite albums, but I am happily addicted to Alive on Live Life Loud.... THANK YOU!!!! This new school year is going to go so slow waiting for a release though......

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!! and I agree with most other people that Letters and Smile are my favorite albums, but I am happily addicted to Alive on Live Life Loud.... THANK YOU!!!! This new school year is going to go so slow waiting for a release though......

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!! and I agree with most other people that Letters and Smile are my favorite albums, but I am happily addicted to Alive on Live Life Loud.... THANK YOU!!!! This new school year is going to go so slow waiting for a release though......

Stargirl said...

heck ya! this is gonna be EPIC!!!!!! Can't wait for the album!!!